Ruska Bursa is the oldest Lemko social organization. It was established in 1908 in Gorlice. After a temporary interruption related to historical events, the activities were resumed in 1991 and since then, Ruska Bursa remains very active on many levels related to Lemko identity. The association’s headquarters is still located in Gorlice, in an already historical building, however, members and associates of Ruska Bursa are active on the whole territory of Lemkovyna, as well as other places in Poland, for example in Kraków, Warsaw, Legnica. There are also people outside Poland that are involved – wherever Rusyns live – in Presov Rus’, Ukraine, United States and others.
- educational (organization of lectures, linguistic courses, or educational camp for children in Lemko Educational Farm in Gładyszów),
- cultural (organization of concerts, exhibitions and workshops of Lemko tradition, Lemko customs and craft),
- pedagogical (organization of start and end of the school year for children and the youth, trips to the theaters, museums, etnographic museums etc.),
- publishing (publishing of a periodical “Ruska Bursa Annual” (the only Lemko scientific yearbook), establishment of book series “Library of Lemko Classic” – printing of works of Peter Polansky, Vladimir Chylak and others under the series, Lemko music album releases),
- running of a library, an archive and a Hall of Memory of Ivan Rusenko,
- establishment and running of LEM.fm the first Lemko radio which broadcasts continuously, as well as LEM.fm+ news portal and LEM.fm+ weekly,
- establishment and running of Terochka child/youth musical ensemble and Terka, theatrical group.
Ruska Bursa Library is opened from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Board of Administration of Ruska Bursa Association in Gorlice, appointed at a General Meeting in Gorlice on 17 March 2018:
Chairman: Damian Trochanowski
Deputy Chairman: Bogdan Gambal
Secretary: Natalia Małecka-Nowak
Treasurer: Andrzej Trochanowski
Member: Olena Duć
Member: Paweł Małecki
6. Wydanie w ramach serii wydawniczej zatytułowanej Biblioteka Ruskiej Bursy „Rocznika Ruskiej Bursy 2018” (umowa nr 623/WMNiE/2018) – zrealizowano dotacji Ministra Spraw Wewnętrznych i Administracji.
1. Olga Kania (1.06.1991 – 14.12.1991)
2. Paweł Stafiniak (14.12.1991 – 25.09.1993)
3. Bogdan Gambal (25.09.1993 – 30.04.1995)
4. Jan Kwoka (30.04.1995 – 25.08.2001)
5. Bogdan Gambal (25.08.2001 – 07.03.2015)
6. Paweł Małecki (07.03.2015 – 17.03.2018)
6. Damian Trochanowski (17.03.2018 – )