The Lemko Association published the Lemko Yearbook 2016. The edition is dedicated to the history and culture of Lemkos. The year of 2016 – according to the chief editor, Piotr Trochanowski – was a year in which a lot was going on, which was reflected in the edition’s contents. Unfortunately, as always, not everything could be included there that the editorial board would wish to be, as the book has a particular number of pages. The Lemko Yearbook for 2016 is a publication in which you can find many interesting topics which frequently have not been encountered yet in our publications […], according to Piotr Trochanowski.
Similarly to the previous editions of Lemko Yearbooks, also this edition is divided according to the contents, into several chapters. The beginning of the book is EVENTS – a section in which we can read about the most important anniversaries related to the history of Rusyns. Here, one of the topics that can reveal some facts, is an article about the Deacon Institute in Przemyśl – a school which has hugely contributed to teaching of whole generations of deacons – students that not only served in Lemko churches, but they often taught (or even awakened) national motifs. The second part is PEOPLE where some biographies of eminent people are included, of Lemko artists, activists. Apart from this, the Lemko Yearbook 2016 reminds us of some jubilees of the contemporary persons from the Rusyn world, in this year’s edition – four jubilarians of this year are included.
- Piotr Trochanowski – School of a unique generation (until the 120th anniversary of convocation of the Deacon Institute in Przemyśl),
- Vladimir Chylak – My, of blessed memory, deacon (a story),
- Valeriy Padiak – Society of St. Basilius in Uzhorod,
- Jarosław Trochanowski – My first ensemble,
- Study by Maestro Jarosław Trochanowski – A lime tree is standing in the field (a song);
- Vasyl Choma – A tenacious Rusyn, a cultural activist and a literary man – Ivan Kyzak,
- Ivan Kyzak – A witness,
- Bogdan Gambal – I am a fair boy. The 130th birth anniversary of Michał Sobolewski,
- Olena Duć-Fajfer – Klavdiya Aleksovich (1830-1916),
- Klavdiya Aleksovich – Oldyna’s song (a poem),
- Klavdiya Aleksovich – Muddled (a comedy in 1 act),
- Damian Trochanowski – Priest Vasiliy Masciuch – The first Apostolic Administrator of Lemkovyna,
- Piotr Trochanowski – Anniversaries for refreshing memory;
- Seweryn Kosowski – the 90th anniversary of Adam Barna,
- Adam Barna – pre-Christmas bootlegging ( a story),
- Paweł Robert Magocsi – Devotion and confidence: Vasiliy Jabur and the Rusyn language,
- Peter Medvid – Artistic and unique seventy – Stefan Suchy,
- Stefan Suchy (a poem and miniatures in prose),
- Anna Pliskova – Faithful to God, Church and Nation (an article on the jubilee of priest Franciszek Krayniak).
The Lemko Yearbook is available in the Ruska Bursa Library in Gorlice which is opened every Monday 2PM-6PM, or after an individual appointment in any other term. The position is also available in the Circle of Lemko Association library in Legnica, it is also naturally available for purchase at the Lemko Association’s place, as well as other places where it is going to be passed.